- November 21, 2017
Have you ever considered that the bra a woman selects could make a difference in her health?
The lymphatic system in the body keeps the fluids moving. I have the mental picture of my Granny sweeping the floors with a broom. That broom pushed along any crumbs that had been dropped or leaves we brought into the kitchen on our shoes. I think of the lymphatic system as the broom, pushing the fluids along in the body. Any kind of exercise and muscle contraction brings the fluids to the area to be swept.
If you wear a bra with an underwire, you can imagine that underwire is like a closed door. It is snug and the lymphatic just can’t flow through. The normal cleaning in the body, the broom, is idle. It would be one thing if you wore an underwire bra for a few hours, but most women put their bra on in the morning and it doesn’t come off until the evening. That is a long time for the fluids to be stuck in one area.
I have made this suggestion to women for many years, but the underwires have become so popular that it takes work to find bras without them. One day about 10 years ago, I was watching television and there was a short segment with a medical doctor giving health tips. He too was saying, you don’t want to wear an underwire bra, for exactly the same reasons.
If you think about it, we really want the fluids to flow in the body as it is the way to get rid of the trash. When fluids are held within an area and a lining develops, we call it a cyst. When toxicity is encompassed in an area, we call it a tumor. Just saying….take care of the girls!
Previous Health Tips
- November 14, 2017 Happy Holidays! From now until the new year, it is all about being thankful and giving to others. When I was a kid, Christmas was magical at our house. Santa Clause was very giving to me. I loved the magic. Santa went to all little girls and boys around the world, ... read more
- November 7, 2017 If you have tried the socks I have in my office, I hope you love them like I do. One of my patients who is a bicyclist says they fit her feet like no other sock. She thinks her cycling is better too. And some say their golf, racket ball ... read more
- October 30, 2017 A good mattress is so important for your body to get a good night’s rest. As long as you are comfortable in your bed and you get a good night’s sleep every night, it is a good mattress for you. When you wake up hurting, you have to wonder if ... read more
- October 23, 2017 It didn’t take me long in practice to notice certain patterns in people. One pattern I noticed was associated with smoking marijuana. I would ask my patient if they smoked, and they would say yes. I told them my findings and it was, of course, it was up to them ... read more
- October 14, 2017 I’ve had many discussions with patients and friends about fluoride. How could it be bad if your dentist suggests fluoride treatments? I never expect a person to simply take my word for a statement I make. My cousin once asked me, “How do I know you are right?” You don’t. ... read more
- October 2, 2017 There is a ground swelling here in the United States and it is a grassroots action. It is led by Ty Bollinger, and others, to help people fight cancer. Ty’s mother and father both died at too young of an age of cancer and it set him on a path ... read more
- September 25, 2017 Fall has been in the air since the first of August this year. Children have returned to school and the coughs and sore throats have already begun. Fall started early this year and so did the assault to the immune system. It reminds me of my first adjustment. I was ... read more
- September 19, 2017 Most physical problems have some origins in organisms. Organisms are bacteria, virus, parasites and fungus. The origin of many problems is hidden by organisms as well as heavy metals. They just muck the picture up causing confusion. No matter what your complaint, clean your body out first. Then, and only ... read more
- September 11, 2017 Colds and flu begin as soon as school starts. Normally it takes about 3 weeks to get used to the new schedule school requires. Plenty of sleep will always help you, as well as your children, fight off the dreaded virus and bacteria. Stay hydrated. And don’t forget to eat ... read more
- August 29, 2017 You probably know that I do not like pesticides, herbicides or GMO’s in my food. If you have taken advantage of watching the video series “GMO’s Revealed,” I’m sure you are learning information that will serve your better health. Mike Adams, known as The Health Ranger, was interviewed in the ... read more
- August 21, 2017 Everyone talks about GMO’s. Recently my friend asked, “well, exactly what is a GMO?” It is understandable. We throw words around as if everyone knows what we are talking about when, in fact, they do not. Today begins a free video series about GMO’s. Maybe you need more information to really decide if ... read more
- August 14, 2017 Why are so many people chronically sick and don’t seem to get help from medicine. They are given one medication after another to try. When it doesn’t work, on to the next one. And, I’ve seen my share of people who never found the “right” medication. Perhaps it is because ... read more
- August 8, 2017 There are so many things you can do for yourself at home. Today I am going to remind you of a few. Doing these will take only a few minutes and will reap benefits. As you are standing, squeeze your butt cheeks together ten times. If you have a chronic low back, ... read more
- August 1, 2017 People watching is an interesting business, especially in the summer. The beach is the best, but anywhere will do. Watch people as they walk, and their posture will talk to you. You can tell if they are in pain while walking. You can tell if their head juts forward or ... read more