- December 2, 2019
The holidays have arrived. They are so much fun, but everyone talks about the weight gain. Hey, it is fun to celebrate with our friends and family. Right? After all it is Christmas!
I don’t want people to feel guilty about having treats at this special time of year, but what is your plan to discard the few pounds you might gain?
Maybe you aren’t pulled by food. I know I am. It looks so good. You know what I am talking about. And most of the time it tastes good too. I end up eating more than I should.
Intermittent fasting is not new. You probably know all about it. But if you don’t, look on youtube for just the right person for you to learn from, I mean, of course, besides me.
Most people can fast. There are so many ways to do intermittent fasting, there is probably a perfect way for you. You can make a window of 5 hours a day where you eat, you can eat dinner tonight, and not eat again until tomorrow night. Listen to what others say about it to find the perfect way to lose those few pounds you might gain over the holiday. And yes, you can wait until January to start. The doctor I was listening to tonight said he had gained some weight and started fasting at lunch and breakfast. After a few days, he got on the scale and found, yes, he had lost a couple of pounds. He said he kept it up until he had lost the 20 pounds he had “found” over the previous few years. Most people are surprised how easy it is to do. Well, not easy, but doable. Of course, there are some people who shouldn’t fast. If you have questions, you can always call or text me. Enjoy your holidays and consider intermittent fasting now or after the holidays if you add a few pounds.
Previous Health Tips
- November 26, 2019 My patients and friends: Happy Thanksgiving. When my great-niece was a little girl, I was at their house and she was setting the table for dinner. She said, “Let’s do that thing where we go around and say what we are grateful for.” Isn’t that a great idea to do every day? We get in ... read more
- November 19, 2019 As we are closing in on the Thanksgiving holiday, yes, let’s be thankful. And health is at the top of the list. You expect me to say that. Right? But what makes us healthy? One important aspect of good health is friendship. Not everyone will love us, we know that. But to feel that deep sense of ... read more
- November 10, 2019 The holidays have begun. It is a race and we need to pace ourselves. It starts before Halloween. And as soon as the costumes are off, Christmas items are in the stores, even before we order the turkey for Thanksgiving. After Santa closes the door, we have our eyes on New Year’s festivities. It is ... read more
- November 2, 2019 Maybe you know someone who got an infection while in the hospital? You thought you were safe in a hospital, right? Think again. But there is hope. You see, all breakthroughs are from someone finding their purpose, which is often determined by interest, and struggling with it until the curtain opens and an answer ... read more
- October 29, 2019 Living in Denver, occasionally we have snow days. Most snow days we continue our schedule just as we would when it doesn’t snow. But then there are real snow days. The city basically shuts down. As long as the electricity stays on, we are fine watching the snow fall and accumulating. When we are forced ... read more
- October 18, 2019 When you injure a joint and go to a medical doctor, often a cortisone shot is suggested. Many patients have asked me, over the years, what I think of them. Understanding that sometimes we are desperate, they can be necessary and helpful. But make no mistake, the shots will make the arthritis worse ... read more
- October 13, 2019 Microwaves I remember when I was a child, my Grandpa smoked. He was in the hospital and his cardiologist sat on the bed with him while they both enjoyed a smoke. That picture is seared in my brain. How horrifying today. But back then, we were blind to the problems of cigarettes. Microwaves are bad for ... read more
- October 7, 2019 Many people suffer with sinus issues. They can’t breathe well. They are always snorting. They often don’t sleep well. Often, they snore, even children. Or perhaps always have a runny nose or just congestion. Do you want to end your pain? Obviously, we are all different, but how many have been helped with one fairly simple change ... read more
- September 28, 2019 This is your opportunity to understand the controversy about vaccines. And if you are a parent or a grandparent, surely you will take a few minutes to understand the controversy and how it developed about vaccines causing autism. This video is only FREE for a week, so please, do it ... read more
- September 21, 2019 People are confused about prostate issues. I remember when I was in my first office, a man came to me wanting me to “do something” about his prostate cancer. The doctor had told him no treatment was necessary because he would die from something else before his prostate cancer was a problem ... read more
- September 12, 2019 What causes diabetes? Heart disease? Fatty liver disease? Medicine is based on giving drugs for these diseases to “manage them,” not cure them. But what if there were a cure? If you need to be convinced that these diseases are caused by eating processed foods, then listen to this video. He is a remarkable medical doctor. ... read more
- September 8, 2019 I hope you will listen to this video. Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Marty Makary’s about his book, “The Price We Pay: What Broke American Health Care–and How to Fix It.” He is a surgeon at John Hopkins and speaks to why the health care system is broken. ... read more
- August 30, 2019 I like to offer you a video or an article written by other people so you know that this isn’t just my idea. I remember years ago learning that Alzheimer’s is caused by mercury. If you want to understand it in greater depth, watch this video. If you ... read more
- August 18, 2019 The end of August is the 30thanniversary of my private practice in CO. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have trusted me to assist you in your journey toward health. We all have a body and it is a job to keep it ... read more