- December 12, 2018
Think back when you were a kid. Did you know any adults who had Alzheimer’s? If you are even close to my age, the answer might be no. I grew up with grandparents, so I was probably around more older people than most. I did not know anyone who had a bad case of dementia, no matter what the diagnosis.
Of all the problems of old age, most of my patient’s share my concern: I don’t want to lose my marbles. I don’t want to live like that. My patients tell me they don’t either. But I notice more and more nursing homes. More and more problems with memory.
There is seldom one cause. The causes add up and now we have cities full of nursing homes and care centers. The things I do for my health, I do for the long game: old age. I know many older people who are vibrant, and I tell them, “You are my model.”
To stay vibrant, we need to do what we can to insure brain health. Here is an articlethat nails one of the causes. And have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Previous Health Tips
- December 4, 2018 The holidays are great fun entertaining or going to parties. People tend to meet at restaurants more these days than at home. I hear so many complaints about “all of the food.” I understand. That is why the first of the year is known for dieting. As my aunt used to say, “I’m ... read more
- November 27, 2018 It is the holiday season. No matter what holiday you celebrate, if gift giving is a part of it, you want to be smart about gifting. I remember an elderly woman in my hometown. She was beloved by many. She had a home and didn’t need “stuff.” She said many times, “if ... read more
- November 19, 2018 I am thankful for you, my patients and friends. I consider it an honor for you to trust me with your body and health. I love what I do. You allow me the opportunity to do what I love to do most. Thank you! The big word these days is inflammation. ... read more
- November 13, 2018 Normally, I am in the office around the Thanksgiving holiday, but this year I will be in San Diego. Please call or text if you need to get in This time of year pulls our energy. We want to participate in all the festivities without overwhelming our body. Everyone knows to stay ... read more
- November 5, 2018 There is a prediction that by 2025, 1 in 2 children will be autistic. That is a heavy, heavy statistic. And it was made by an MIT graduate. If you want to understand what the fuss is regarding autism vs. vaccines, an easily digestible way to see who says what is ... read more
- October 29, 2018 Insurance is one of those things we never want to have to use. But if you need it, you certainly want to have it. People need to be treated for injuries they sustain in a car accident, but to do so, you must have proper coverage. In Colorado, you can ... read more
- October 22, 2018 Today we have some choices for care that we didn’t have when I was a child. If you are thinking you could be a candidate for a knee replacement or a shoulder replacement, you have more choices in most circumstances now. Have you ever considered a stem cell injection? Or a ... read more
- October 12, 2018 Rodney Dangerfield always said, “I don’t get no respect.” He could have been talking about vitamin C. Why should it get respect? *supports weight control *decreases fatigue *decreases brain fog *decreases risk for disease *sharper cognitive function *lower HbA1C This article says, “poor brain function is directly linked to low vitamin C levels.” They checked blood levels and ... read more
- October 8, 2018 Do you have a dropped metatarsal? You would know because your foot would hurt. Normally it hurts on the bottom of your foot. This issue is a bigger issue for woman than men and I think that is because of high heels, which put the foot in an unnatural position. ... read more
- September 25, 2018 I doubt there is any adult who hasn’t been touched by cancer. Perhaps a grandparent or an aunt or an uncle has had the diagnosis. Who doesn’t know someone who has had cancer? We live in a world in which cancer thrives. Our food has problems. Our environment has problems. But ... read more
- September 16, 2018 My patients are the best! Sometimes they tell me about a product that they love, and I want to share it with others. Have you heard about the weighted blankets? I know they are often used on pets and on babies, but hey, adults are using them too. Why would you ... read more
- September 11, 2018 Have you noticed how docuseries are becoming popular? If you want to learn about how to deal with autoimmune issues, naturally, there is a docuseries explaining your options. Recently there was a docuseries about curing and preventing Alzheimer’s. And don’t forget The Truth about Cancer, The Truth about Vaccines, Vaccines Revealed ... read more
- September 3, 2018 In Colorado, we are fortunate to have a change of seasons. I like seeing the trees sprout their leaves in the spring, become full in the summer, turn their leaves in the fall and lose their leaves before winter sets in. In Denver, the trees are barren in the winter. ... read more
- August 28, 2018 Children are back in school and we are clearly looking at fall. Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year are around the corner. Throw a fall break in there, if you have children in school, and you have your calendar for the rest of the year. But right now, we are ... read more