- June 17, 2019
“It’s summertime, and the living is easy!” Right? Well, we want it to be. But it might not feel like living is easy. That might be because you don’t get enough sleep. There are many factors that keep people from getting the proper sleep and keeps them from recuperating and feeling refreshed in the morning.
Top of the list is: how old is your mattress? And how comfortable is your mattress? The internet says a mattress should last between 7 to 10 years. I say it can last as long as you are comfortable and get a good night’s sleep. If you buy a good mattress, it can last longer than 10 years. Just like shoes, at some point, it needs to be replaced. I’ve had patients say it made a world of difference for them in terms of sleep and feeling rested.
But don’t be too quick to throw out the mattress. It might be your pillow that is causing you to feel tired when you get up in the morning. And, certainly, a pillow is less expensive than a mattress. It makes sense that you need to change a pillow. After you put your weight on a shoe for so long, it loses some of its padding. So does a pillow. If you have used a pillow for two years, it is time to get a new one. Not only has the pillow lost its fluffiness, but it has collected the saliva from your mouth. Yep, you might need a new pillow!!
Previous Health Tips
- June 10, 2019 For the most part, people tend to be healthier in the summer months. The weather is warm, so people walk and exercise more. It feels good to get in the sun for a short period of time. Our body likes the vitamin D. I’ve noticed over the years that patients are healthier in the ... read more
- June 3, 2019 Often, you race through life. That makes it hard to be present? It is impossible to smell the roses. Then, something makes you stop in your tracks. Maybe it is the birth of a new baby. Or maybe it is the death of a friend or loved one. Either experience gives us the opportunity ... read more
- May 23, 2019 What supplement do you automatically think of when I mention osteoporosis? Most likely it is calcium. Most of the time, my patients think it is necessary to take calcium for their bones. Sometimes they test for it, but much of the time they don’t. Doesn’t it make sense that we utilize the nutrients in ... read more
- May 16, 2019 If you are open to a different take on what causes most of the problems that people have, including yourself, please listen to this video. It is for people who have physical problems, addictions, behavioral problems: actually, any problem. And it is for those who seem to never have problems! He speaks to ... read more
- May 13, 2019 I’ve had so many people tell me they are pre-diabetic. Even those who eat well. It might be because they play with the numbers which includes more people. But let’s face it, our society is built all around food. Today’s health tip features a podcast with Dr. Jason Fung, a nephrologist, who talks about ... read more
- May 4, 2019 Do you, or someone you love, suffer from prostate issues? The signs and symptoms of prostate dysfunction are: *Frequent urination at night *Pain during urination *Difficulty in starting or stopping a stream of urine *Decrease in urine flow *Pain during urination *Loss of bladder control *Blood in urine Here are three videos about using baking soda to eliminate symptoms ... read more
- April 15, 2019 Perhaps you have been in my office when I give the statistics for statins: for every 100 people given a statin, it helps one person live longer, 30-40 people are hurt from the side effects and the others are just taking the drug without benefit. Or perhaps you have heard me say ... read more
- April 9, 2019 Learn about the health benefits of food. Why? Our bodies are made to respond to the foods we eat, the air we breathe, the movements we make and the electromagnetic energies we are around. Really, it is fascinating. But that isn’t the only reason. Let’s be real. You know the pharm companies and the prices they ... read more
- March 31, 2019 I may have told you that this year, 2019, is my 30thyear anniversary of starting my practice in the Denver area. Let’s pretend I’m having a party and invite you! I want you to understand why our health in this country has gone south. Why? So you can ... read more
- March 26, 2019 Don’t you love how people can just pass a law without being qualified on the subject matter? There is a bill in Colorado, HB 3063, that, if passed, will take away personal and religious exemptions for vaccinations. Please advise your congressman to vote against this bill. We need to ... read more
- March 17, 2019 I have a video today that will, hopefully, enlighten you as it did me. The video is about fasting, but before you leave the page, know that studies have been done with people are are taking chemo. The studies show that our bodies have been programmed, genetically, to help us out when ... read more
- March 12, 2019 I feel so fortunate to love my chiropractic work. Whether it is your work, your play or your family, it is important to find something you love. As my Granny always said, “Life is short.” And as we get closer to the end than the beginning, we notice that to be true. You have ... read more
- March 4, 2019 You have heard the saying, “where there is smoke, there is fire.” And, from experience, we know that is often the truth. In this day and age of whistle-blowers, we sometimes find out what was meant to be kept secret. There is always a reason. If you have wondered about autism, I have an ... read more
- February 21, 2019 It had to happen. And it IS happening. Re-generative agriculture is a word that will be getting more and more popular and more and more attention. The earth is so fabulous that these farmers can turn their farms around in pretty much a year. Farmers are at risk for getting the money they need ... read more