- November 19, 2019
As we are closing in on the Thanksgiving holiday, yes, let’s be thankful. And health is at the top of the list. You expect me to say that. Right? But what makes us healthy?
One important aspect of good health is friendship. Not everyone will love us, we know that. But to feel that deep sense of friendship where you accept the person for who they are, and feel accepted by them, can make many burdens lighter. Friendship is the spice in life. The right kind of friendship helps us see ourselves better. It helps us love ourselves even when we are not perfect! It helps us continue when things are difficult and life brings difficulties!
Let’s be thankful for friends, real friends. It is especially wonderful when family can be friends. It is a great time of year to re-access your friendships and see where you want to spend your time and energy. Everyone has limits on time and energy. Inside we know who to be grateful for in our lives. Nurture that!
Previous Health Tips
- November 10, 2019 The holidays have begun. It is a race and we need to pace ourselves. It starts before Halloween. And as soon as the costumes are off, Christmas items are in the stores, even before we order the turkey for Thanksgiving. After Santa closes the door, we have our eyes on New Year’s festivities. It is ... read more
- November 2, 2019 Maybe you know someone who got an infection while in the hospital? You thought you were safe in a hospital, right? Think again. But there is hope. You see, all breakthroughs are from someone finding their purpose, which is often determined by interest, and struggling with it until the curtain opens and an answer ... read more
- October 29, 2019 Living in Denver, occasionally we have snow days. Most snow days we continue our schedule just as we would when it doesn’t snow. But then there are real snow days. The city basically shuts down. As long as the electricity stays on, we are fine watching the snow fall and accumulating. When we are forced ... read more
- October 18, 2019 When you injure a joint and go to a medical doctor, often a cortisone shot is suggested. Many patients have asked me, over the years, what I think of them. Understanding that sometimes we are desperate, they can be necessary and helpful. But make no mistake, the shots will make the arthritis worse ... read more
- October 13, 2019 Microwaves I remember when I was a child, my Grandpa smoked. He was in the hospital and his cardiologist sat on the bed with him while they both enjoyed a smoke. That picture is seared in my brain. How horrifying today. But back then, we were blind to the problems of cigarettes. Microwaves are bad for ... read more
- October 7, 2019 Many people suffer with sinus issues. They can’t breathe well. They are always snorting. They often don’t sleep well. Often, they snore, even children. Or perhaps always have a runny nose or just congestion. Do you want to end your pain? Obviously, we are all different, but how many have been helped with one fairly simple change ... read more
- September 28, 2019 This is your opportunity to understand the controversy about vaccines. And if you are a parent or a grandparent, surely you will take a few minutes to understand the controversy and how it developed about vaccines causing autism. This video is only FREE for a week, so please, do it ... read more
- September 21, 2019 People are confused about prostate issues. I remember when I was in my first office, a man came to me wanting me to “do something” about his prostate cancer. The doctor had told him no treatment was necessary because he would die from something else before his prostate cancer was a problem ... read more
- September 12, 2019 What causes diabetes? Heart disease? Fatty liver disease? Medicine is based on giving drugs for these diseases to “manage them,” not cure them. But what if there were a cure? If you need to be convinced that these diseases are caused by eating processed foods, then listen to this video. He is a remarkable medical doctor. ... read more
- September 8, 2019 I hope you will listen to this video. Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Marty Makary’s about his book, “The Price We Pay: What Broke American Health Care–and How to Fix It.” He is a surgeon at John Hopkins and speaks to why the health care system is broken. ... read more
- August 30, 2019 I like to offer you a video or an article written by other people so you know that this isn’t just my idea. I remember years ago learning that Alzheimer’s is caused by mercury. If you want to understand it in greater depth, watch this video. If you ... read more
- August 18, 2019 The end of August is the 30thanniversary of my private practice in CO. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have trusted me to assist you in your journey toward health. We all have a body and it is a job to keep it ... read more
- August 8, 2019 Dr. Jason Fung is a kidney doctor in Canada who typically works with people who are diabetic. He has worked in the medical business long enough to really understand it. He explains why health eludes people in the first five minutes of this video. If you listen no further, listen to the first ... read more
- July 31, 2019 Macular Degeneration is the #1 reason for blindness in the western world. And those of us who suffer with it have been gifted by an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chris Knobbe. He wrote a book, “Ancestral Dietary Strategy to Prevent and Treat Macular Degeneration.” He sells it for cost at the website www.cureamd.org as ... read more