- November 29, 2021
A common problem is neck pain. Have you looked at your posture? I think it is wise to do so and change it if you can.
One item I have people buy for neck pain is a cervical traction unit. This is a good one and it is cheap. Your results will be equal to your persistence at using it.
A patient was in my office with neck pain. I know she has a traction unit at home and I asked if she was using it. Yes, about every other day. I said, change that to daily. Upon her return she was laughing saying, I was right. All it took was using it more.
This traction device is very easy to use. You don’t want to over-stretch the neck, but just a little distraction will help so much. Of course, there are some conditions it might not help. If you have pain when doing this, you have too much traction. A little dab will do you.
This is simple, easy and inexpensive. If you have a low level neck ache, try it. Most people like it.
Previous Health Tips
- November 9, 2021The holidays are upon us and there are many opportunities to be out and about. To become more self-aware, notice the posture of other people. You will see many different varieties, for sure. If you watch children, for the most part, they all have pretty good posture. Watch teenagers. Watch young adults. Watch people in mid-life. And ...read more
- November 1, 2021Have you ever heard of “Stiff Person Syndrome?” When people complain of something and doctors can’t figure out what it is, they slap a name on it and call it a syndrome. That means a person has symptoms and we have no idea why. If you are stiff ...read more
- October 19, 2021Having a body is a never ending process of literally, “what is going on?” My shoulder, my knee, my ankle, or my back is not feeling like it always has and what do I need to do about it? Sometimes it is from trauma. If you are ...read more
- October 12, 2021It is beautiful outside. Fall, in most ways, is my favorite time of year. Of course, I do not like fewer hours of sunshine, but I love so much more. However, from Halloween through New Year’s is when most people get sick with cold’s and flu’s. ...read more
- October 3, 2021Everyone has heard by now that patients are often given antibiotics when they don’t need them. And the fear has been that it will render many antibiotics ineffective. The most frequent reason a person is given an prescription for an antibiotic is an upper respiratory infection. If these infections are viral, an antibiotic ...read more
- September 28, 2021As fall approaches, we start spending more time indoors. I’m sad as the days are not as long as they were in mid-summer. I like long days of sunlight so I can go walking early or late. Fall often brings a coming indoors. And we often want more warmth. Today I want to remind you ...read more
- September 6, 2021I heard a doctor once say, when you pick a food up to eat, ask yourself, “what is this going to do to my brain?” That is a good question! You can say the same thing about any part of the body. “What is this going to do to ...read more
- August 29, 2021Thirty-five years ago, when I was in chiropractic school, I became aware of the many research findings showing Americans having low stomach acid as they grow older. How many Americans take the proton pump inhibitors, like Prilosec? They take it because they were told they have too much acid in ...read more
- August 23, 2021Many times I have made statements and people have said, my doctor never told me that. I know. They didn’t withhold from you. They didn’t tell you because they didn’t know it. Why didn’t they know. I’ll let one of my favorite doctors explain it to you.read more
- August 16, 2021Ginger might be your key to nausea relief. Whether the nausea is from pregnancy or car sickness or most other causes of nausea, ginger can be your cure. The best way to use it might be ginger tea. If in the car, those small ginger candies you ...read more
- August 7, 2021Starting this week, I will confirm your appointment by text the night before, if I have your cell number. I am messing up my schedule too much so I need to make a change. Why am I messing it up? I still use a paper calendar. I’m not ...read more
- August 1, 2021This coming Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021, from 7:00 pm-8:00 pm MST, Scott Klumb’s film, Thriving on the Spectrum will be screening virtually for FREE! Please join him to watch his new documentary followed by a Q/A.Feel free to share the details about the virtual screening with anyone you think would ...read more
- July 27, 2021The biggest looming fear as we get older is keeping our wits about us. There are those moments of recognizing our memory isn’t as good as it used to be. I remember when I had lunch with a very good older friend when I realized she was not ...read more
- July 13, 2021This doctor is new to me, but I so enjoyed all he had to say. The information is not new to me. He speaks about fasting. He gives us a good reason to fast. At one point he talked about how your body has 70% greater ...read more