- March 17, 2019
I have a video today that will, hopefully, enlighten you as it did me. The video is about fasting, but before you leave the page, know that studies have been done with people are are taking chemo. The studies show that our bodies have been programmed, genetically, to help us out when we are fasting. Cancer cells will be weaker while normal cells will be stronger.
But no one wants to give money to provide studies on fasting. Sometimes we just can’t take the easy route, can we? Fasting was helpful to mice and helpful to people. That shows that over time, people have been programmed to allow fasting to help us with disease processes or sickness. More study needs to be done with other disease like RH, MS, and many others.
Today’s health tip is really simply to let you know what is going on in this area. If you haven’t ever fasted, it will be enlightening. We are so afraid of not having food! Yep that is me!
One woman in the video was not feeling very well on day 4 of her fast. And when she got up on day 5, she felt so good. This video is informative and I hope you will watch it and then email me telling me how much you enjoyed it!!
Previous Health Tips
- March 12, 2019 I feel so fortunate to love my chiropractic work. Whether it is your work, your play or your family, it is important to find something you love. As my Granny always said, “Life is short.” And as we get closer to the end than the beginning, we notice that to be true. You have ... read more
- March 4, 2019 You have heard the saying, “where there is smoke, there is fire.” And, from experience, we know that is often the truth. In this day and age of whistle-blowers, we sometimes find out what was meant to be kept secret. There is always a reason. If you have wondered about autism, I have an ... read more
- February 21, 2019 It had to happen. And it IS happening. Re-generative agriculture is a word that will be getting more and more popular and more and more attention. The earth is so fabulous that these farmers can turn their farms around in pretty much a year. Farmers are at risk for getting the money they need ... read more
- February 17, 2019 I took a class once from an optometrist who talked about the difference in people with near-sighted and far-sighted issues. They learned in WWII that far-sighted people do not do well in a submarine. Whereas near-sighted people, when stressed, will hunker down and work. Far-sighted people need ... read more
- February 7, 2019 It is fabulous when we can use our own cells to heal our body. That is what stem cells do. I don’t offer stem cells in my practice, but because my patients might need them, I like to learn about them. Here is a link to a docu-series about ... read more
- February 5, 2019 Everyone has heard about the huge amount of plastics that fil our oceans and how that affects the fish and the ecosystem. But did you know that they are now finding plastic in humans? It is true and as you might guess it is an insult to our health. The body wasn’t made to ... read more
- January 22, 2019 We have a good deal of attention focused on our nails these days. Nails become more of a health issue as we get older and especially if a person is diabetic. As people get older and are limited in bending and reaching their toes, the nails become more problematic. Toenails are often very ... read more
- January 14, 2019 Perhaps I’ve talked with you over the years about stress and emotions and how they affect your physiology. It is one thing to understand problems with your mind, but another to help the body de-stress from the event. A research project was completed on the NeuroEmotional Techique, which is the work ... read more
- January 8, 2019 We are in the midst of winter. People have been getting sick right and left. If you can’t shake your coughing and feeling sick, come in and see me! I’ll help you. The knees are so important. I probably don’t have anyone disagreeing. When you complain that the inside of your knee ... read more
- January 1, 2019 HAPPY NEW YEAR! It is a time of new beginnings. We don’t get a do-over, but we get to start again. That is important to our mindset. And in reality, each day we get to start again. It is a time of reflection: what worked well and what needs improvement. There are ... read more
- December 24, 2018 Over the years we realize the best gift we can give ourself is to really know ourself. That takes time and contemplation. If you haven’t given it the time and attention you deserve, there is no better time than now! Gift yourself. May the coming year give you opportunity after opportunity ... read more
- December 16, 2018 As we visit with family this holiday season, please remember that the CDC says genetics only account for 10% of diseases. I hear people say, “well my mom had this disease and I am afraid I will.” Or something like, “she is bound to be ___ with her genetics.” That ... read more
- December 12, 2018 Think back when you were a kid. Did you know any adults who had Alzheimer’s? If you are even close to my age, the answer might be no. I grew up with grandparents, so I was probably around more older people than most. I did not know anyone who had ... read more
- December 4, 2018 The holidays are great fun entertaining or going to parties. People tend to meet at restaurants more these days than at home. I hear so many complaints about “all of the food.” I understand. That is why the first of the year is known for dieting. As my aunt used to say, “I’m ... read more