- April 15, 2019
Perhaps you have been in my office when I give the statistics for statins: for every 100 people given a statin, it helps one person live longer, 30-40 people are hurt from the side effects and the others are just taking the drug without benefit.
Or perhaps you have heard me say that 250,000 people a year go on kidney dialysis because of taking over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
And you may know that many people die every year from taking pharmaceutical drugs the way they are instructed to take them.
But did you know that more people die every year from eating junk food than they do from taking drugs? Here is an article about how our food is responsible for causing the chronic inflammation. Let’s change health care by eating real food. What a concept.
Previous Health Tips
- April 9, 2019 Learn about the health benefits of food. Why? Our bodies are made to respond to the foods we eat, the air we breathe, the movements we make and the electromagnetic energies we are around. Really, it is fascinating. But that isn’t the only reason. Let’s be real. You know the pharm companies and the prices they ... read more
- March 31, 2019 I may have told you that this year, 2019, is my 30thyear anniversary of starting my practice in the Denver area. Let’s pretend I’m having a party and invite you! I want you to understand why our health in this country has gone south. Why? So you can ... read more
- March 26, 2019 Don’t you love how people can just pass a law without being qualified on the subject matter? There is a bill in Colorado, HB 3063, that, if passed, will take away personal and religious exemptions for vaccinations. Please advise your congressman to vote against this bill. We need to ... read more
- March 17, 2019 I have a video today that will, hopefully, enlighten you as it did me. The video is about fasting, but before you leave the page, know that studies have been done with people are are taking chemo. The studies show that our bodies have been programmed, genetically, to help us out when ... read more
- March 12, 2019 I feel so fortunate to love my chiropractic work. Whether it is your work, your play or your family, it is important to find something you love. As my Granny always said, “Life is short.” And as we get closer to the end than the beginning, we notice that to be true. You have ... read more
- March 4, 2019 You have heard the saying, “where there is smoke, there is fire.” And, from experience, we know that is often the truth. In this day and age of whistle-blowers, we sometimes find out what was meant to be kept secret. There is always a reason. If you have wondered about autism, I have an ... read more
- February 21, 2019 It had to happen. And it IS happening. Re-generative agriculture is a word that will be getting more and more popular and more and more attention. The earth is so fabulous that these farmers can turn their farms around in pretty much a year. Farmers are at risk for getting the money they need ... read more
- February 17, 2019 I took a class once from an optometrist who talked about the difference in people with near-sighted and far-sighted issues. They learned in WWII that far-sighted people do not do well in a submarine. Whereas near-sighted people, when stressed, will hunker down and work. Far-sighted people need ... read more
- February 7, 2019 It is fabulous when we can use our own cells to heal our body. That is what stem cells do. I don’t offer stem cells in my practice, but because my patients might need them, I like to learn about them. Here is a link to a docu-series about ... read more
- February 5, 2019 Everyone has heard about the huge amount of plastics that fil our oceans and how that affects the fish and the ecosystem. But did you know that they are now finding plastic in humans? It is true and as you might guess it is an insult to our health. The body wasn’t made to ... read more
- January 22, 2019 We have a good deal of attention focused on our nails these days. Nails become more of a health issue as we get older and especially if a person is diabetic. As people get older and are limited in bending and reaching their toes, the nails become more problematic. Toenails are often very ... read more
- January 14, 2019 Perhaps I’ve talked with you over the years about stress and emotions and how they affect your physiology. It is one thing to understand problems with your mind, but another to help the body de-stress from the event. A research project was completed on the NeuroEmotional Techique, which is the work ... read more
- January 8, 2019 We are in the midst of winter. People have been getting sick right and left. If you can’t shake your coughing and feeling sick, come in and see me! I’ll help you. The knees are so important. I probably don’t have anyone disagreeing. When you complain that the inside of your knee ... read more
- January 1, 2019 HAPPY NEW YEAR! It is a time of new beginnings. We don’t get a do-over, but we get to start again. That is important to our mindset. And in reality, each day we get to start again. It is a time of reflection: what worked well and what needs improvement. There are ... read more