- May 23, 2019
What supplement do you automatically think of when I mention osteoporosis? Most likely it is calcium.
Most of the time, my patients think it is necessary to take calcium for their bones. Sometimes they test for it, but much of the time they don’t. Doesn’t it make sense that we utilize the nutrients in food better than in supplements? There has been some concern that too many calcium pills might leave calcium deposits in the circulatory system, right where we don’t want them. And to use the calcium in the bone, K2 and Vitamin D is needed. As always, let’s take supplements judiciously.
Most people have heard of the famous Framingham study. Here is information that they found about osteoporosis in that study. I will give you the punch line: take vitamin C! Read this to understand just how important diet is to our health.
Previous Health Tips
- May 16, 2019 If you are open to a different take on what causes most of the problems that people have, including yourself, please listen to this video. It is for people who have physical problems, addictions, behavioral problems: actually, any problem. And it is for those who seem to never have problems! He speaks to ... read more
- May 13, 2019 I’ve had so many people tell me they are pre-diabetic. Even those who eat well. It might be because they play with the numbers which includes more people. But let’s face it, our society is built all around food. Today’s health tip features a podcast with Dr. Jason Fung, a nephrologist, who talks about ... read more
- May 4, 2019 Do you, or someone you love, suffer from prostate issues? The signs and symptoms of prostate dysfunction are: *Frequent urination at night *Pain during urination *Difficulty in starting or stopping a stream of urine *Decrease in urine flow *Pain during urination *Loss of bladder control *Blood in urine Here are three videos about using baking soda to eliminate symptoms ... read more
- April 15, 2019 Perhaps you have been in my office when I give the statistics for statins: for every 100 people given a statin, it helps one person live longer, 30-40 people are hurt from the side effects and the others are just taking the drug without benefit. Or perhaps you have heard me say ... read more
- April 9, 2019 Learn about the health benefits of food. Why? Our bodies are made to respond to the foods we eat, the air we breathe, the movements we make and the electromagnetic energies we are around. Really, it is fascinating. But that isn’t the only reason. Let’s be real. You know the pharm companies and the prices they ... read more
- March 31, 2019 I may have told you that this year, 2019, is my 30thyear anniversary of starting my practice in the Denver area. Let’s pretend I’m having a party and invite you! I want you to understand why our health in this country has gone south. Why? So you can ... read more
- March 26, 2019 Don’t you love how people can just pass a law without being qualified on the subject matter? There is a bill in Colorado, HB 3063, that, if passed, will take away personal and religious exemptions for vaccinations. Please advise your congressman to vote against this bill. We need to ... read more
- March 17, 2019 I have a video today that will, hopefully, enlighten you as it did me. The video is about fasting, but before you leave the page, know that studies have been done with people are are taking chemo. The studies show that our bodies have been programmed, genetically, to help us out when ... read more
- March 12, 2019 I feel so fortunate to love my chiropractic work. Whether it is your work, your play or your family, it is important to find something you love. As my Granny always said, “Life is short.” And as we get closer to the end than the beginning, we notice that to be true. You have ... read more
- March 4, 2019 You have heard the saying, “where there is smoke, there is fire.” And, from experience, we know that is often the truth. In this day and age of whistle-blowers, we sometimes find out what was meant to be kept secret. There is always a reason. If you have wondered about autism, I have an ... read more
- February 21, 2019 It had to happen. And it IS happening. Re-generative agriculture is a word that will be getting more and more popular and more and more attention. The earth is so fabulous that these farmers can turn their farms around in pretty much a year. Farmers are at risk for getting the money they need ... read more
- February 17, 2019 I took a class once from an optometrist who talked about the difference in people with near-sighted and far-sighted issues. They learned in WWII that far-sighted people do not do well in a submarine. Whereas near-sighted people, when stressed, will hunker down and work. Far-sighted people need ... read more
- February 7, 2019 It is fabulous when we can use our own cells to heal our body. That is what stem cells do. I don’t offer stem cells in my practice, but because my patients might need them, I like to learn about them. Here is a link to a docu-series about ... read more
- February 5, 2019 Everyone has heard about the huge amount of plastics that fil our oceans and how that affects the fish and the ecosystem. But did you know that they are now finding plastic in humans? It is true and as you might guess it is an insult to our health. The body wasn’t made to ... read more