- October 18, 2019
When you injure a joint and go to a medical doctor, often a cortisone shot is suggested. Many patients have asked me, over the years, what I think of them.
Understanding that sometimes we are desperate, they can be necessary and helpful. But make no mistake, the shots will make the arthritis worse over time.
This isn’t my idea. It is in the research. Read this article and beware.
I’ve had patients who have had marvelous luck with one steroid shot. Fabulous!! But keep it to a minimum!
Previous Health Tips
- October 13, 2019 Microwaves I remember when I was a child, my Grandpa smoked. He was in the hospital and his cardiologist sat on the bed with him while they both enjoyed a smoke. That picture is seared in my brain. How horrifying today. But back then, we were blind to the problems of cigarettes. Microwaves are bad for ... read more
- October 7, 2019 Many people suffer with sinus issues. They can’t breathe well. They are always snorting. They often don’t sleep well. Often, they snore, even children. Or perhaps always have a runny nose or just congestion. Do you want to end your pain? Obviously, we are all different, but how many have been helped with one fairly simple change ... read more
- September 28, 2019 This is your opportunity to understand the controversy about vaccines. And if you are a parent or a grandparent, surely you will take a few minutes to understand the controversy and how it developed about vaccines causing autism. This video is only FREE for a week, so please, do it ... read more
- September 21, 2019 People are confused about prostate issues. I remember when I was in my first office, a man came to me wanting me to “do something” about his prostate cancer. The doctor had told him no treatment was necessary because he would die from something else before his prostate cancer was a problem ... read more
- September 12, 2019 What causes diabetes? Heart disease? Fatty liver disease? Medicine is based on giving drugs for these diseases to “manage them,” not cure them. But what if there were a cure? If you need to be convinced that these diseases are caused by eating processed foods, then listen to this video. He is a remarkable medical doctor. ... read more
- September 8, 2019 I hope you will listen to this video. Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Marty Makary’s about his book, “The Price We Pay: What Broke American Health Care–and How to Fix It.” He is a surgeon at John Hopkins and speaks to why the health care system is broken. ... read more
- August 30, 2019 I like to offer you a video or an article written by other people so you know that this isn’t just my idea. I remember years ago learning that Alzheimer’s is caused by mercury. If you want to understand it in greater depth, watch this video. If you ... read more
- August 18, 2019 The end of August is the 30thanniversary of my private practice in CO. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have trusted me to assist you in your journey toward health. We all have a body and it is a job to keep it ... read more
- August 8, 2019 Dr. Jason Fung is a kidney doctor in Canada who typically works with people who are diabetic. He has worked in the medical business long enough to really understand it. He explains why health eludes people in the first five minutes of this video. If you listen no further, listen to the first ... read more
- July 31, 2019 Macular Degeneration is the #1 reason for blindness in the western world. And those of us who suffer with it have been gifted by an ophthalmologist, Dr. Chris Knobbe. He wrote a book, “Ancestral Dietary Strategy to Prevent and Treat Macular Degeneration.” He sells it for cost at the website www.cureamd.org as ... read more
- July 10, 2019 July is watermelon month. There isn’t another fruit that screams summer like watermelon. Doesn’t everyone love watermelon? It is great for hydration and why we naturally go for it on hot summer days. Headaches and even bad moods can be cured by hydrating. Watermelon is over 90% water. Can you think ... read more
- July 5, 2019 We are still talking about statins. The research is coming in that statins raise blood sugar and causing diabetes. Here is a reference that taking statins contributes to our diabetic epidemic. Just in case you have missed it, the numbers are in for statins. If one hundred people are given statins, one ... read more
- June 28, 2019 You are very astute about the food you eat. You want to avoid chemicals. You want to avoid metals. And, you want to avoid drugs. Fish can be contaminated with drugs, even cocaine. What would you do if you knew your shrimp contained antibiotics as well as pesticides that have ... read more
- June 23, 2019 We love science, right? Here is a scientist and I am sure you will enjoy her interview. She is obviously very smart. She has worked with many retroviruses, including HIV, which can become AIDS. I will let her do the talking for this health tip. ... read more