- September 16, 2018
My patients are the best! Sometimes they tell me about a product that they love, and I want to share it with others. Have you heard about the weighted blankets? I know they are often used on pets and on babies, but hey, adults are using them too. Why would you want to use one? Here are some of the symptoms that the blankets claim to help: anxiety, panic attacks, stress and tension, insomnia, hot flashes, PTSD, restless leg syndrome, symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, ADD, ADHD, autism, any sensory disorder.
I don’t know how much they would help. I know my patient said it has helped her hot flashes. And if you have ever had a hot flash, you would grab that weighted blanket in a hot minute. It seems so counter-intuitive that you would use a blanket when you have a hot flash, but she says it works. Don’t try to take away her blanket!
I have a gold standard way of assessing whether I think something is worth trying. If you don’t have to swallow it (you know I’m very particular in that regard), and it won’t hurt you, why not try it. A blanket won’t hurt you. And if it has the possibility of helping, that is fabulous. I’ll let you in on a secret: my patient ordered her blanket from weightingcomforts.com. I have no connection with the company, but if you have any of the symptoms above, and try it, please let me know how you like it!
Previous Health Tips
- September 11, 2018 Have you noticed how docuseries are becoming popular? If you want to learn about how to deal with autoimmune issues, naturally, there is a docuseries explaining your options. Recently there was a docuseries about curing and preventing Alzheimer’s. And don’t forget The Truth about Cancer, The Truth about Vaccines, Vaccines Revealed ... read more
- September 3, 2018 In Colorado, we are fortunate to have a change of seasons. I like seeing the trees sprout their leaves in the spring, become full in the summer, turn their leaves in the fall and lose their leaves before winter sets in. In Denver, the trees are barren in the winter. ... read more
- August 28, 2018 Children are back in school and we are clearly looking at fall. Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year are around the corner. Throw a fall break in there, if you have children in school, and you have your calendar for the rest of the year. But right now, we are ... read more
- August 19, 2018 Don’t you love this day and age of great videos? I do. Sometimes I will listen to a video while I’m cooking dinner or doing my hair. It is a great way to get information that someone else has assimilated. This video is a must share with my patients and friends. In one ... read more
- August 13, 2018 In our struggle for health, one major concern is the mouth, specifically the teeth. Mercury is a neurotoxin. Do you really want that in your mouth? There are many other options these days. Other countries have mercury free dentistry, but we don’t. Holistic pratitioners are struggling to get mercury out ... read more
- August 6, 2018 https://vimeo.com/276674845 read more
- July 23, 2018 Someone was in my office recently and asked me to look at their child’s feet. They turn in. Often it is called pigeon-toed. What could she do about that? It is obvious the child has a muscle imbalance and the muscles that turn her feet in are stronger than the ... read more
- July 16, 2018 If you have any kind of neurological problem such as numbness, you might ask your doctor for a prescription of methylcobalamin, or vitamin B 12. The best way to get it is to give yourself a shot.Just see if it will help your issue. In my office, I have an article ... read more
- July 9, 2018 Last week, I gave a link to the series on Alzheimer’s. The link didn’t work correctly, and I apologize. Here is the one that works. We are in the midst of the hot days of summer. It is easy to get dehydrated. Did you know that the number one reason for ... read more
- July 2, 2018 As we get older, we make adjustments to our age. We don’t eat that anymore, or we don’t drink that anymore and we don’t exercise the same way anymore. Some things go by the wayside as we travel through life. One thing we ALL hope does not go by the ... read more
- June 26, 2018 For years now, bone broth has been a hot topic in the holistic arena. You may have read about using bone broth for many problems. It didn’t take long until there were products for sale because, you know, making bone broth isn’t a 5-minute procedure. People have brought bone broths into ... read more
- June 11, 2018 Colorado is literally on fire! When our skies are full of smoke, patients come in with the fire flu. They don’t feel so good and know that it comes from the smoke in the air. If you remember when Yellowstone was on fire, they took a sample of the air and found ... read more
- June 4, 2018 https://vimeo.com/273440549 read more
- May 28, 2018 School is out, and summer is here. It is time to re-charge your batteries. I’ve been in the mountains in Ouray and Durango. We live on a big beautiful earth. The city is so crowded but when I look at the space in the mountains, I’m struck with awe. It ... read more