Posted on Leave a comment

Common Sense or Science?

Sometimes we have to use common sense in our approach to our health.  We know not to eat poison, right?  Or do we?

Some years ago, I would suggest avoiding mercury fillings in your mouth.  You see, mercury is a neurotoxin.  That means it will poison your nerves.  The dictionary says, “mercury poisoning can result from exposure to water-soluble forms of mercury (such as mercuric chloride or methylmercury), by inhalation of mercury vapor, or by ingesting any form of mercury.”  If you need to not ingest any form of mercury, wouldn’t it make sense not to put it in your mouth?

In case you are one of the people that didn’t really believe mercury would hurt you, here is a new study that says the dental amalgam significantly contributes to prolonged mercury levels in the body.  It only makes common sense, but it is always nice to see a study.

Now you might wonder about other mercury exposures.  For instance, the exposure you get with vaccinations, like the flu shot.  They do make them without mercury, or so I am told, but I think you have to order them special and most don’t.  When I think of a nerve, I think of the brain.  If mercury poisons nerves, what about the brain?  Have you noticed the rate of Alzheimer’s going up?  Let’s avoid mercury!




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *