Recently I was listening to a podcast by Bruce Lipton, PhD who wrote the Biology of Belief. He talked about numerous subjects and found his way to cholesterol. As he was giving statistics, I remembered I had heard these statistics several years ago from a chiropractor I study from, Dr. Dan Murphy. The essential take home statistics are as follows:
- cholesterol doesn’t cause atherosclerosis
- anti-histamines stop cholesterol build up
- cholesterol build up is a reaction to stress
- statins rake in 29 billion dollars a year from the pharmaceutical industry in the US alone
- for every 300 people who take a statin, one will have a positive effect.
- Out of the 300, 45-80 will suffer consequences and side effects that will negatively affect their health